Available for sale incomplete detached stone house 192 sq.m., on a plot of 224 sq.m., at Argalasti, Pelion, situated close to the main square of the village.
It concerns an old two-storey stone house, in which the roof and the bases of the floors were replaced, while the building was underpinned according to the statics project and the stonework was emphasized. Currently, the house requires some additional installations such as of the frames and the floors, of the electrical and plumbing network systems, along with the construction of a toilet.
It constitutes a unique opportunity to buy an exceptional stone house sited in the center of one of the largest villages of Pelion. In the wider area there are: public health center, supermarket, the seat of the Municipality of South Pelion, schools (of all levels), restaurants, bus stop and all supply resources a modern family need.
The nearest beaches are the ones of Pau (4.7 km), of Horto (6.3 km) and of Kalamos (6.5 km).
Argalasti has been around for a long time and is still the capital of South Pelion.
It is built on a fertile plateau at a distance of 41xm. from Volos, surrounded by olive groves. This extensive plateau where Argalasti is located was a wonderful pasture and for this reason cattle breeders from other parts of Greece came and stayed here with their herds, in the 15th century, when they left their homes to escape the hajjars. of the Turks.
The working peasants cleared the smooth ground and opened fields where they sowed cereals, wheat and barley. Argalasti was one of the few villages in Pelion that had its own flour production and self-sufficiency. Later they planted many olives, vines, figs and other trees and the fertile land gave them rich fruits that brought prosperity and population growth.
Its territorial territory spread from one coast to the other and as it is underlined in "Geography Modern" many coastal settlements served as stairs (ports) of Argalasti and so the fish from the daily table of the people of Argalasti were not missing.
The inhabitants of Argalasti, apart from the other villages of Pelion, also actively participated in the revolution of 1821, without experienced leaders and armaments. Mainly with the desire to get rid of the slavery of the Turks, who filled their souls with bravery and self-sacrifice.
Today Argalasti remains a large village and in fact is the seat of the Municipality and has many interesting neoclassical houses to see on your walk.
Search and visit the house where Margaritis Dimadis, a member of the Friendly Society, lived, as well as the building of the Girl's School where the great poet Costas Varnalis was director.
Characteristic is the three-aisled basilica of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul (1886) with its imposing marble bell tower. In the square and in the surrounding streets there are traditional cafes and more modern cafes, as well as good accommodation and food options.